Friday, December 02, 2005

On the return trip beatdown #1: So I'm on my way back, and my flight has been cancelled due to "mechanical problems." Northworst Airlines (no typo, we really do call them that) is nice enough to put me on US Airways, which was glad to have me (and their flight attendants are friendly since their company isn't in chapter 11). That's fine, I can live with that, 2 hour delay but I get home today. What torqued me off was "since I had made a last minute flight change" which was NO choice of my own, I got the dreaded "S" on my ticket, which meant my portable Best Buy bag of toys (laptop, iPod, PDA, blackberry, cellphone) gets to be strewn about to be bombsniffed and I get the Transportation Safety Administration Rectal ExamTM. Ugh. And what really pissed me off was that phrase "the computer randomly selected you." !!!! What a pain--this was all because my flight plans changed on me, not because of me. The authority who authorized the selection algorithm deserves a serial beatdown of the third kind--that is, three beatdowns in a row.