Friday, November 11, 2005


Ah the cable company. Who else in the service business requires a six hour window to arrive to do their job? I'd like to ask my boss, "Dave, tomorrow I'm going to need a six hour window at which time I'll be in. I have the hours of 9:00 a.m .to 2:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. available, which works for you?" That would fly, much like swine from my kiester. And there's the availability rule--let's say you tell the guy the 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. window, and you're delayed and show up at home to meet him at 2:05 p.m. He's been there and is gone, leaving a note. If you are there before 2:00 p.m., you can bet your sweet bippy the cable guy won't show up until 7:55 p.m. It's enough to require therapy. I'd like to find the people who invented this sort of shenanigans and smite them mightily with a large alarm clock.