Friday, October 19, 2007

Courtesy of Safrianna:

I've been in the UK for a couple of weeks now, doing a semester of study abroad. This was also my first time having to deal with hall bathrooms, instead of suite-style bathrooms so instead of 10 people using the same bathroom, there are only four. Well, one night I waited well over an hour for someone to get out of the shower so I could use one. Eventually, I got fed up, and went to knock on the door. No answer. Slowly, to give anyone inside a chance to say they weren't decent, I opened the door...to find it empty. Someone had turned the shower on and left it running with the door closed for at least an hour and a half. I can only imagine this was done as a "hur hur, people won't shower cause they'll think someone's in there!" practical joke. Yes, I understand British humor is much different than American humor, but this isn't funny. Anywhere. And apparently they thought they deserved an encore, because the next morning, they'd pulled a similar stunt to make the toilet unavailable, running a tap to make it sound like someone was urinating in there. Whoever did this deserves to be drowned, to be shown a much more economical and much less time-consuming use for water.