Saturday, August 13, 2005

I'm a member of the very digital era--I don't watch live TV, everything is saved on the PVR so I can skip ads. I don't listen to the radio, I use my iPod. I don't buy CD's, I buy stuff off of iTunes. Once in a while I will spin past the radio in my car, however, just to listen to the local independent channel or to hit the ClearChannel stations because I need to hear the same song every hour. Anyhow, I was listening to a local top-40 station in the car the other day on the way home, the time was about 8:00 p.m., when a promo came on the radio for a television show playing that evening. Problem: the promotion was for a show that aired at 6:00 p.m. These dumb stations are so automated with computers that no one who even does the programming is listening anymore! Can we at least program these things so that the advertisements for TV shows are RELEVANT? The little dweeb who programmed this (or in this case, failed miserably), deserves to be popped in the nose with a heavy metal wristwatch.