Thursday, July 20, 2006

I make mistakes all the time--wifey and I will be driving around and I change lanes and don't see someone, I turn to her and ask "was that a bloggable offense?" Sometimes, in retrospect I wonder if it was I that deserved a beatdown? Today was one of those situations, where the more I think about it, the more I think "hell no!, it was the other guy!" Dateline 9:25 a.m., Wal-Mart parking lot (surely there has to be a beatdown candidate somewhere here...yep there was). I'm leaving after picking up some stuff for work. This guy walks out of the big automatic door...he's bumbling along and about to cross into the parking lot. I drive by. He didn't have to stop for me, and I certainly didn't stop for him. He gives me this dirty look and yells at me "Thanks, a$$hole." He's old and has coke bottle glasses as far as I could tell along with a flannel shirt (helllOOOO, it's JULY!). I yell back at him something I wouldn't want my mother to hear--there is no way in the world I would have run him down. I pride myself on waiting for others in parking lots--I try to honestly be good about it, but he just yells at me and walks off. I really hope he had a rotten morning, got home, kicked his cat, and punched a hole in his wall of his kitchen. It's the only thing that makes me feel better knowing he didn't get the beatdown, right there in the Always(TM) parking lot, like he so richly deserved.