Tuesday, September 27, 2005


I agree with Seth Godin's blog about change (as in money, not the inability of some people to accept new things). Why is it that marketers still use "psychological" pricing like $2.97, $3.98, etc? Why not adjust the price so local taxes are taken into consideration, so when tax is added to the price of something it just ends up being priced on an even dollar? I'm tired of sounding like the dancing janitor when I walk out with 96 cents in my pocket. Who makes these decisions? Has this person ever seen the Mensa card carrying employee who has to count out the change for me (3 times, just to get it right) at the local Kwik-E-Mart? Let's make it easier on them, too. I have a fluffy marshmallow chocolate double beatdown coming to all marketers who think this psychological pricing is something that should continue.