Thursday, August 18, 2005

Impatience, distractions and a frozen brain: Today after heading back to work from lunch I'm pulled up as the second car at the red light. The guy in front of me is constantly creeping out into the intersection, then letting his crummy truck roll backwards every so slightly by presumably fanning the clutch. He's visibly checking the cross lights to turn yellow so he apparently can get a good start in the quarter mile against...well, absolutely nobody as it's a single left turn lane. Anyhow, he's sitting there practically wetting his pants with anticipation for the light to change, and then his adult onset attention deficit disorder kicks in (mmm, pretty flower) and he's suddenly staring at something on the floor passenger area of his truck. The light changes green, and he continues to stare down. I tap the horn, he wakes up from his narcolepsy and slams the gas to the floor, squeeling his little two-wheel-drive jalopy around the corner and off into the abyss. Channeling Samuel L. Jackson, I scream in my car to nobody in particular "And i will strike down upon thee with great vengenance and furrrrrrrrrious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengenance upon thee!"